Sunday, May 7, 2017

Scanxiety...

It's been 3 months and 7 days since I received the phone call that changed everything. "I have gotten the pathology reports back, and it is as we discussed and thought. The mass we removed was, in fact, renal cell carcinoma..."

Tomorrow I am scheduled for my first round of follow up scans since surgery. I'm doing these every 3-6 months for the next 3 years.  

I have been reading about this thing that other RCC patients call "scanxiety"... scan anxiety... anxiety about what the upcoming scans may reveal. Breathe in, breathe out.  Erg...

Jeremy, Ryan and I went to Branson for the weekend to keep my mind busy and to see my favorite bluegrass band.  The distraction was nice, the weather was beautiful, but my attitude and fear took over a few times.  I've tried to stay busy today and got a lot done. Jeremy even hung my hammock up.  He's too good to me, I really should remember to thank him more. 

So, my friends... say a little prayer for me. I am hoping to hear, "I have looked over everything, and see no evidence of disease! See you in 3 months, have a great summer!" 

I have had a couple of CT scans and a bone scan, both of which were negative, thank God!  He's really answered my prayers the last 3.5 months.  I'm starting to fear that my blessings are wearing thin...and then I remember that there's not a number that can be placed on His love or the many ways He shows his appreciation for my faithfulness. 

I will sing to the Lord, for He has been good to me. ~Psalms 13:6

God is good all the time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And all the time God is good! I am praying for great news, for him to wrap his arms around you to take away your anxiety. Big hugs!!! Love you! Leigh Anna ♡