Monday, January 5, 2009

Oh Yeah, Happy New Year!

So, we survived Christmas. Everyone was pleased and all is well at our house. Jeremy and I are doing really well - even getting caught up on the bills we put off to afford Christmas. I feel like he is actually "getting" me again. Almost like he actually HEARS me when I talk! Amazing. lol This year was the very first time EVER in our almost 10 years that he has gotten me the one thing I asked for. I only ask for one thing so as not to overload him with ideas, and this year it finally occurred to him to actually get it! Yay! We have had a lot of time off over the holidays - which made for a shit ton of family time - and we are all still alive and well!

I have 2 boys getting ready to turn a year older. Cody is turning 9 - OMG! NINE!! - on Thursday. We are going to go out for dinner and celebrate. It will be all about him - the past few years he has gotten lost in the after - Christmas depression and then the whirlwind of a new baby, and the 'baby's" first birthday, etc..... This year we are doing it better. It is my New Year's Resolution. Braden is turning 2 on the 13th. We are not doing anything too special - just dinner at home and a cake and ice cream party for the grandparents.

I have decided to live a new healthier lifestyle. Cannot call it a diet - I fail diets. I have a goal and a somewhat method to achieve it. Still working on the specifics. For this week, I am drinking more water, adding far less junk to my coffee and walking more - at least 30 minutes 3 times. I am toying with the idea of taking pictures weekly, but I am too embarrassed to post them anywhere until after I actually see some change for the better. For this month, my goal is for my fat pants to not be tight. Please pray for me.......

No comments: