Saturday, January 28, 2017

Let's not google that...

I told my mom right away..."Don't be googling that...don't google anything"  
I know better.  

Jennifer and Amie have said it daily, and they even shoot me the evil eye when I start off a sentence with "so, I was doing some research last night, and..." 

I CANNOT HELP IT.  

I want to know everything. The problem here is that I know too much and not enough at the same time.  

I know this...  There is a mass on my left kidney.  I know that it measures no less than 9 cm and up to 11 cm. (Depends on which scan is being looked at and who is interpreting it)  I know that if there is a mass on your kidney that is less than 7 cm, the kidney can possibly be saved and just the mass removed.  I also know that my mass is bigger than that and so therefore, my whole kidney will be removed.  There are lymph nodes nearby that will also be removed.  

I do not know this....and will not know until my physician tells me, despite what the google machine says, because you and I both know that I already have it all figured out...  

What the mass is made of - benign or malignant cells and what kind of impact this will have on us in the future... 
where it came from...
when it got there...  

Wait...I lie, I (kind of) do know that answer.  

I know that when I had a CT scan done on March 1, 2010 and my appendix removed, Dr Klingler said there was no evidence of a mass or any other abnormality present.  So, stupid Bertha has grown 9 -11 cm in 6 years and 11 months, IF she decided to take up residence the day that CT was done.  I also know that Dr Klingler told Jeremy that renal masses typically grow about 3mm per year.  So, not only is she intrusive and stupid, she is a fatass...growing all warp speed and stuff.  
Another thing that I know is that nobody can give me an answer as to what caused this.  I am a former smoker.  I have not smoked a cigarette in 15 months, and was not a terribly heavy smoker anyway.  One is too many, but whatever....what is done is done.  I am also obese.  I am not a male, or over the age of 55, nor do I misuse narcotics or OTC pain meds.  I have always had really great BP, even being obese....and to my knowledge, there isn't  family history of kidney disease or issues.  It is all just so weird.

I am not going to be discouraged.  Aside from the hematuria, back/side pain, nausea/vomiting *which may be nerves too* and elevated calcium levels...
I am almost disappointed that I got stuck with the ones I have, rather than the loss of weight and appetite that I could have.  :)

Anyway, I am feeling good today - Zofran and Percocet are doing their jobs.  Monday is quickly approaching.

I feel like I keep repeating myself.  It isn't my intention.  I actually logged on to blog about Piggy Beach and swimming with elephants in Thailand.  I want to do those things some day.  



I take back my "Don't google that" directive....
DEFINITELY google Piggy Beach and Swimming with Elephants in Thailand

Goodnight All.  







No comments: