Monday, December 6, 2010

I was sleeping so good this morning and then all of a sudden...wide awake and frantic. I SMELL SKUNK. Ugh. I am not sure if any of you have actually smelled skunk, like straight from the source, or if you have only had the pleasure of experiencing the roadkill skunk smell. Let me tell you, roadkill skunk is like sniffing freaking ROSES compared to straight from the sprayer skunk smell. I called Jeremy and all he could do was laugh at me. I was pretty much a hot mess, freaking out running all around looking for the dog. He let me run around like that for a few minutes and finally he tells me to calm down. There are no animals in the house. It sure smells like there is SOMETHING in here. yuck. Cody went out to the barn this morning before school to check on his chickens and came FLYING back into the house yelling so loud and so fast that Jeremy said he had no idea what the kid was trying to say. He finally figured out the word skunk, so out to the barn they all went. The skunk was digging under the rabbit cages, Bella - our lab was up in its butt sniffing away and bam! Spray. All over the dog. This is Bella's 2nd round with a skunk...unfortunately for her, I cannot give her a bath this time. It is 18* out there, not sure she would appreciate that bath. Anyhow, Cody and Ryan go off to school and Jeremy goes to work. The dogs are all curled up outside in the lawn chairs, and the house is reeking of skunk. Then my phone rings....
Cody was in the office - smelling like skunk. He just got out of the shower, and his coat is on its 2nd round in the washer. I am thinking I may just throw it away and go buy a new one...

So, that is a first for us. Our kid got kicked out of school because he smelled like a skunk. What did YOUR kid do today? :)

3 comments:

Greta @gfunkified said...

Oh my goodness....I've never heard of a kid getting sent home because he smelled bad....and I smelled some BAD smelling kids! Good luck getting it all...gone....!

Noodles said...

hahahaha oh life on the farm....so funny

Anonymous said...

Ha! I guess a skunky smelling kid would be a little distracting. I still can't believe you sold Passion Party stuff at school. You Pickens are making quite the name for yourselves!!! :) -Robin